THE TEMPLE IS OPEN! All ages are welcome to join Sunday Dharma Services in-person without prior registration.
Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination required for eligible individuals age 5 and older. Up to 36 in-person attendees will be seated in the Hondo, with overflow seating available in the adjacent Social Hall.
Join us online for live broadcasts of upcoming services
CLICK HERE to subscribe for links to join Zoom services and Dharma discussions or email email@example.com to receive invitations to live internet broadcasts of upcoming services.
- Autumn Ohigan Equinox ServiceSeptember 25, 2022 Guest Speaker Rev. Kodo Umezu Bishop Emeritus Buddhist Churches of America 御講師 梅津広道先生 前北米開教区開教総長 We warmly welcome you to join us in person at the San Mateo Buddhist Temple or from the safety and comfort of your own home via Zoom Meeting for our Autumn Ohigan Equinox Service on Sunday, September 25, […]
- Shōshinge: Hymn of True Shinjin and the Nembutsu (Session 22)Wednesday, October 19, 2022 We welcome you to join us via Zoom Meeting from the comfort and safety of your own home on Wednesday, July 6 for this free Dharma Study Class. 6:00 p.m. Shōshinge Sōfu Chanting Chanting Shōshinge embodies the heart of daily Nembutsu practice in Jodo Shinshu Buddhism. Join us to experience the […]
- Caring and Being Cared ForAs the summer comes to an end and we prepare to welcome the change of seasons with our Autumn Ohigan Equinox Service, we turn our minds to the working of great compassion as we consider the causes and conditions that have […]
- Gathering of JoyThe Obon observances that we hold during the month of August originate in a teaching on the practice of giving (Dana) that Sakyamuni Buddha shared with his disciple Mahamaudgalyayana. Following his mother’s departure from this world, Mahamaudgalyayana saw that she had […]
- Sweetness and BitternessThe other day, my son went with a friend to the San Mateo County Fair. When he returned home, I asked him if he had eaten anything at the fair, to which he replied, “Yes, cotton candy.” The flavor of cotton […]
- Resting My MindAs we enter the month of June, another school year comes to an end and we welcome the arrival of summer vacation. Before students get to enjoy their summer vacation, there is hard work to be done preparing for final exams […]
Announcement Slides from Services
Video of Past Dharma Talk
Rev. Henry shares reflections on lessons learned on a hike with his family and the importance of looking to the example of those who have gone before as we prepare to return to more of our pre-pandemic activities.
Reverend Henry’s Latest Message
- Caring and Being Cared ForAs the summer comes to an end and we prepare to welcome the change of seasons with our Autumn Ohigan Equinox Service, we turn our minds to the working of great compassion as we consider the causes and conditions that have sustained our lives up to this point and look to the light of wisdom to clarify our path forward […]