Join us online for live broadcasts of upcoming services
CLICK HERE to subscribe for links to join Zoom services and Dharma discussions or email email@example.com to receive invitations to live internet broadcasts of upcoming services.
- The Buddha of Immeasurable Life and Compassion (January 30)The name of Amida Buddha means “Awakened One of Immeasurable Life.” In this Sunday’s Dharma Talk, Rev. Adams will look to the 13th Vow of Amida Buddha, which expresses the Buddha’s commitment to be an enduring presence of compassion in the lives of all beings: If, when I attain Buddhahood, my life should be finite, limited […]
- Shōshinge: Hymn of True Shinjin and the Nembutsu (Session 17)Wednesday, February 9, 2022 We welcome you to join us via Zoom Meeting from the comfort and safety of your own home on Wednesday, February 9 for this free Dharma Study Class. 6:00 p.m. Shōshinge Sōfu Chanting Chanting Shōshinge embodies the heart of daily Nembutsu practice in Jodo Shinshu Buddhism. Join us to experience the […]
- Where Will I Go When I Die?25th Annual Nembutsu Seminar Saturday, February 12, 2022 10:30 a.m. Rev. Kiyonobu Kuwahara Resident Minister Berkeley Buddhist Temple
- Shōshinge: Hymn of True Shinjin and the Nembutsu (Session 16)Wednesday, January 12, 2022 This month’s session will continue to explore the teachings of the Pure Land Master Nagarjuna, who clarifies that mindfulness of Amida Buddha is the path swiftly realize the settled mind. He teaches that the moment one thinks […]
- Catching a Dharma ColdAs we welcome the New Year, many of us are enjoying a long-anticipated return to family holiday gatherings. My family and I are happy to be travelling to visit my relatives in Minnesota for the first time in two and […]
- The Meaning of 108The number 108 has great significance in Buddhism. There are multiple commentaries the meaning of 108. The following are two common explanations. Nagarjuna’s explanation of the significance of the number 108 from his Commentary on the Perfection of Great Wisdom: Human […]
Announcement Slides from Services
Video of Past Dharma Talk
Rev. Henry shares reflections on lessons learned on a recent hike with his family and the importance of looking to the example of those who have gone before as we prepare to return to more of our pre-pandemic activities.
Reverend Henry’s Latest Message
- Catching a Dharma ColdAs we welcome the New Year, many of us are enjoying a long-anticipated return to family holiday gatherings. My family and I are happy to be travelling to visit my relatives in Minnesota for the first time in two and half years. Getting together in one place with family and friends, we are reminded how wonderful it is to […]