Join us online for live broadcasts of upcoming services
CLICK HERE to subscribe for links to join Zoom services and Dharma discussions or email email@example.com to receive invitations to live internet broadcasts of upcoming services.
- Shōshinge: Hymn of True Shinjin and the Nembutsu (Session 9)Wednesday, May 12, 2021 We welcome you to join us via Zoom Meeting from the comfort and safety of your own home on Wednesday, May 12 for this free Dharma Study Class. 6:00 p.m. Shōshinge Sōfu Chanting The chanting of Shōshinge embodies the heart of daily Nembutsu practice in Jodo Shinshu Buddhism. Join us to […]
- Right MindfulnessMay 16 The seventh aspect of the Eightfold Path, Right Mindfulness to cherish good and pure thoughts, for all that we say and do arise from our thoughts. Schedule8:30 a.m. Shoshinge Sofu Chanting9:00 a.m. Taiso Morning Exercise9:30 a.m. Dharma Service10:30 a.m. Dharma Discussion To join us for this online Dharma Service, CLICK HERE to sign […]
- Sangha Voices: David ChinSangha Voices is a collection of profiles and perspectives featuring our temple members. For our very first profile, David Chin, the current temple president, shares how he came to be involved with San Mateo Buddhist Temple. David Chin Of course, eventually […]
- Oakland Buddha Statue – “He’s Still Neutral” on 99% InvisibleHe’s Still Neutral from the 99% Invisible Podcast Thanks to David Chin for sharing this link to an in-depth story from the 99% Invisible podcast about the Buddha statue in Oakland that was mentioned in last Sunday’s Dharma Talk Right Conduct: […]
- The Four Universal Bodhisattva VowsLiving beings are limitless, I vow to liberate them all. Blind passions are limitless, I vow to sever them all. Dharma gates are inexhaustible, I vow to know them all. Unsurpassed is awakening, I vow to realize it. Commentary from Genshin’s […]
Announcement Slides from Services
Video of Recent Dharma Talk
Rev. Henry shares reflections on lessons learned on a recent hike with his family and the importance of looking to the example of those who have gone before as we prepare to return to more of our pre-pandemic activities.
Reverend Henry’s Latest Message
- The Vow of the Buddha is DeepIn late 1206, while the Japanese Emperor Gotoba was away from the capital on a pilgrimage to the Kumano Shrine, his consorts Suzumushi and Matsumushi joined a Nembutsu gathering led by Honen’s followers Juren-bo and Anraku-bo. After hearing the Nembutsu teaching, the emperor’s consorts experienced a great change of heart and took ordination as Buddhist nuns. When the emperor returned […]