Join us online for live broadcasts of upcoming services
CLICK HERE to subscribe for links to join Zoom services and Dharma discussions or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive invitations to live internet broadcasts of upcoming services.
- Right Conduct: The Powerful Act of BowingApril 18 The fourth aspect of the Eightfold Path, Right Conduct is to act in a way that is peaceful, kind and compassionate. Joining one’s hands in gassho, bowing, and placing offerings before the Buddha are part of our daily practice of Right Conduct. This week’s Dharma talk will consider how these simple acts have […]
- Shōshinge: Hymn of True Shinjin and the Nembutsu (Session 9)Wednesday, May 12, 2021 We welcome you to join us via Zoom Meeting from the comfort and safety of your own home on Wednesday, May 12 for this free Dharma Study Class. 6:00 p.m. Shōshinge Sōfu Chanting The chanting of Shōshinge embodies the heart of daily Nembutsu practice in Jodo Shinshu Buddhism. Join us to […]
- The Four Universal Bodhisattva VowsLiving beings are limitless, I vow to liberate them all. Blind passions are limitless, I vow to sever them all. Dharma gates are inexhaustible, I vow to know them all. Unsurpassed is awakening, I vow to realize it. Commentary from Genshin’s […]
- Shōshinge: Hymn of True Shinjin and the Nembutsu (Session 8)This month as we celebrate Sakyamuni Buddha’s Birthday, the following verse from the Shoshinge expresses our appreciation for the meaning of his appearance in this world: Sakyamuni Tathagata appeared in this worldSolely to teach the ocean-like Primal Vow of Amida;We, an […]
- Rev. CJ Dunford’s Ohigan Spring Equinox Dharma TalkRev. Dunford shares their reflections on how Shinran Shonin’s Nembutsu teaching challenged the structures of oppression in 13th century Japan, and the inspiration we can find in the Nembutsu as we endeavor to reflect the wisdom and compassion of the Buddha […]
Announcement Slides from Services
Video of Recent Dharma Talk
Rev. Henry shares reflections on lessons learned on a recent hike with his family and the importance of looking to the example of those who have gone before as we prepare to return to more of our pre-pandemic activities.
Reverend Henry’s Latest Message
- When the Buddha Appears in this WorldOn April 11, we will observe an online Zoom Hanamatsuri Service, our Annual Celebration of the birth of Siddhartha Gautama in the gardens of Lumbini, present day Nepal. Siddhartha realized awakening at age 35 and is revered by Buddhists as Sakyamuni Buddha, so we celebrate his birth as the appearance of the Buddha in this world. At the same time, […]