Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom Meeting
In 15th and 16th Century Japan, Jodo Shinshu priests, warriors, peasant farmers and merchants joined forces to create and defend communities grounded in the Nembutsu teaching.
Saturday, June 27
SMBT minister Rev. Henry Adams will conduct a series of live interviews with Sangha Members. Everyone is welcome to join the conversation via Zoom Meeting (recorded). Interviews to be posted later as podcast episodes on SMBT website. For more information, sign-up for “General Announcements” at http://www.sanmateobuddhisttemple.org/subscribe/ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
10:00 a.m. History of the Bazaar
Panelists: Ritsuko Furuya, Michiko Mukai and Ruth Wada
- Hear memories of the early days of the SMBT bazaar and temple life from long-serving members.
12:00 p.m. Creating the Space
Panelists: Rodger Fujinaga, Victor Iwamura, Suzy Lee, and William Tsukida
- Learn more about what goes into preparing for bazaar and efforts to carry on cherished traditions.
1:45 p.m. The Buddha’s Little Children
Panelists: Wesley Mukai, Hishi Oto, and Yuko Suruki
- Join a conversation about the significance of the bazaar and the temple in the lives of children.
3:30 p.m. The Food and the Sangha
Panelists: Grace Kanomata, Donald Lee, and Carrie Yoshimoto
- Everyone’s favorite topic! Discover the history of some of our favorite SMBT bazaar food items.
5:15 p.m. 法味：バザーでありがたく味わえる仏様の教え
Panelists: Miyuki Freidman, Toshinori Saiki, and Akira Uramoto
- Japanese Language Session: the Food and the Dharma