We welcome you to join us on Sunday Mornings at 10:30 a.m. (following the 9:30 a.m. Service) for an open discussion about Buddhism and daily life. This is a great way to get to know our Sangha!
- Dharma Discussion: The Difficulties of Aging (October 11, 2020)Discussion Resources From Rennyo Shōnin Ofumi: Letters of Rennyo (Gobunsho 4-4, Section 47) Song: Time Passing By by Luke Zimmerman
- Dharma Discussion: Pet and Plant Memorial (October 4, 2020)Discussion Questions If you are you remembering a Pet or Plant today, how did that relationship give you new insight on life or support you through a difficult time? How has living with a pet helped you to learn compassion for animals?
- Dharma Discussion: Suffering from Birth (September 27, 2020)Consider your own birth, including the following factors: Your family relationships (parents, grandparents, siblings, etc.) Your family’s circumstances when you were born. This could include race, ethnicity, economic status, etc. Where you were born (country, city, local community, etc.) Time: what were some important events in the world around you that have shaped your life […]
- Dharma Discussion: Monkey Mind (September 6, 2020)Discussion Questions What sights, sounds, smells, flavors, feelings or thoughts rile up your monkey mind? Do you have any techniques that help you bring the monkey mind to rest?
- Dharma Discussion: Incense (August 30, 2020)Click here to read about incense offering etiquette in the Jodo Shinshu school, as well as other schools of Japanese Buddhism Discussion Questions What is a fragrance that brings you peace of mind? Have you ever encountered someone who you felt was “adorned with the fragrance of light”?