We welcome you to join us on Sunday Mornings at 10:30 a.m. (following the 9:30 a.m. Service) for an open discussion about Buddhism and daily life. This is a great way to get to know our Sangha!
- From Issa’s The Year of My LifeIt is a commonplace of life that the greatest pleasure issues ultimately in the greatest grief. Yet why—why is that this child of mine, who has not tasted half the pleasures that the world has to offer, who ought, by rights, to be as fresh and green as the vigorous young needles on the everlasting […]
- Letter on White AshesBy Rennyo Shonin When I deeply contemplate the transient nature of human existence, I realize that, from beginning to end, life is impermanent like an illusion. We have not yet heard of anyone who lived ten thousand years. How fleeting is a lifetime! Who in this world today can maintain a human form for even […]
- Dharma Discussion: The Difficulties of Aging (October 11, 2020)Discussion Resources From Rennyo Shōnin Ofumi: Letters of Rennyo (Gobunsho 4-4, Section 47) Song: Time Passing By by Luke Zimmerman
- Dharma Discussion: Pet and Plant Memorial (October 4, 2020)Discussion Questions If you are you remembering a Pet or Plant today, how did that relationship give you new insight on life or support you through a difficult time? How has living with a pet helped you to learn compassion for animals?
- Dharma Discussion: Suffering from Birth (September 27, 2020)Consider your own birth, including the following factors: Your family relationships (parents, grandparents, siblings, etc.) Your family’s circumstances when you were born. This could include race, ethnicity, economic status, etc. Where you were born (country, city, local community, etc.) Time: what were some important events in the world around you that have shaped your life […]