We are a temple of the Jodo Shinshu Buddhist School, which emphasizes mindfulness of the Buddha’s wisdom and compassion in our daily lives and the recitation of the Name of Amida Buddha (Namo Amida Butsu) with a heart of gratitude.
- Letting Go and Carrying OnAs we mark this moment of great transition in our society, let us reflect on the Second Noble Truth taught by the Buddha: clinging to objects, experiences, and views creates problems for ourselves and the people around us. To join us for online Dharma Services, CLICK HERE to sign up for “Live Broadcast of Services”.
- Sangha Speaker Juliet Bost “MLK Day: A Jodo Shinshu Reflection”San Mateo Buddhist Women’s Association Corresponding Secretary Juliet Bost shares her appreciation of the Dharma with a talk entitled “MLK Day: A Jodo Shinshu Reflection.” Transcript Please join me in Gassho. “Primal Vow: If, when I attain Buddhahood, sentient beings in the lands of the ten directions who sincerely and joyfully entrust themselves to me, […]
- Calming the Busy MindJanuary 3 The Buddha taught that peace of mind comes from understanding how our minds work. This week we’ll look into the Buddha’s teachings about what makes our minds so busy, and how we can awaken to a settled mind. Schedule8:30 a.m. Shoshinge Sofu Chanting9:00 a.m. Taiso Morning Exercise with instructor Juliet Bost9:30 a.m. Dharma […]
- New Year’s Day ServiceJanuary 1 Join us from the comfort and safety of your own home to welcome 2021. Please do not come to the temple in-person. Prepare a beverage and a wish to share, as we welcome you to join us in toasting the New Year via Zoom from your home after service! Schedule9:15 a.m. Shoshinge Gyofu […]
- New Year’s Eve ServiceDecember 31 Join us from the comfort and safety of your own home to bid farewell to 2020. Please do not come to the temple in-person. Prepare a bell to join us in ringing out the past year via Zoom from your home. If you don’t have a bell at home, we welcome you to […]