The Buddhist Education Committee coordinates the religious activities of the Temple. Each member of the committee represents an important part of the Temple by scheduling, preparing, identifying volunteers and introducing new ideas and programs. Any interested member of the Temple may participate in the committee meetings.
You can learn more about the Buddhist Education Committee by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is Essential? Finding the Nembutsu in COVID-19Wednesday, October 7, 2020 7:00 p.m. John Mullins Ministerial Aspirant Institute of Buddhist Studies To join us for this online Dharma Session, CLICK HERE and sign up for “Study Classes and Seminars”.
- Shōshinge: Hymn of True Shinjin and the Nembutsu, Session 01In this first session in the Shōshinge Study Class Series, we explore the meaning of the Shōshinge and how it applies to our daily lives, beginning with the opening verse: I take refuge in the Tathagata of Immeasurable Life!I entrust myself to the Buddha of Inconceivable Light! PowerPoint Slides Dharma Talk Audio
- Shoshinge Sōfu ChantingThe chanting of Shōshinge embodies the heart of daily Nembutsu practice in Jodo Shinshu Buddhism. Join us to experience the settling of the mind through focused breathing and meditative listening. Shōshinge Sōfu Chanting Text (Click here if you are having trouble viewing the text) Audio
- “The Origin of Jodo Shinshu: Roots/History” Special Dharma Lecture by Rev. Giei Sasaki「浄土真宗の源流：roots / history」 特別講師：佐々木義英先生 Sunday, September 13, 2020 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) ２０２０年９月１３日（日曜日）午後５時（米国太平洋時間） Rev. Giei Sasaki Hongwanji Guiding Dharma Teacher Director of the Research Office for Doctrine and Propagation at the Jodo Shinshu Hongwanji Research Institute Chuo Bukkyo Gakuin Buddhist Seminary Instructor 佐々木義英先生 本願寺司教、浄土真宗本願寺派総合研究所教学伝道研究室長、中央仏教学院講師。 This talk will be delivered in Japanese with English interpretation by […]
- Dharma Flowing in Minneapolis during Challenging TimesWednesday, September 2, 2020 7:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) Rev. Todd Tsuchiya and Rev. Chiemi Onikura Bly will join us via Zoom from Minneapolis to share insights and experiences from their interfaith and community activities in Minnesota in the wake of George Floyd’s killing. Twin Cities Buddhist Association Sangha Rev. Todd Tsuchiya Rev. Tsuchiya is a […]