The Buddhist Education Committee coordinates the religious activities of the Temple. Each member of the committee represents an important part of the Temple by scheduling, preparing, identifying volunteers and introducing new ideas and programs. Any interested member of the Temple may participate in the committee meetings.
You can learn more about the Buddhist Education Committee by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shōshinge: Hymn of True Shinjin and the Nembutsu (Session 19)Wednesday, April 13, 2022 This month’s session will continue to explore the teachings of the Pure Land Master Vasubandhu, whose treatise on the Sutra of the Buddha of Immeasurable guides us to embrace the at times difficult work of helping others while keeping a playful heart. And when he reaches that lotus-held world,He immediately realizes […]
- How I Prepared for the BCA MinistryWednesday, May 4, 2022 7:00 p.m. Rev. Tadao Koyama Resident Minister Tacoma Buddhist Temple Rev. Koyama will share reflections on his studies in Kyoto at the Chuo Bukkyo Gakuin Buddhist Seminary and the Hongwanji Ritual Training Department. As the only BCA Kaikyoshi Minister to receive his first temple assignment during the pandemic, he also has […]
- Shōshinge: Hymn of True Shinjin and the Nembutsu (Session 18)Wednesday, March 9, 2022 This month’s session will continue to explore the teachings of the Pure Land Master Vasubandhu, whose treatise on the Sutra of the Buddha of Immeasurable has guided many through the generations to take refuge in the Amida Buddha’s compassionate vow. He discloses the mind that is single so that all beings […]
- Why We Listen to the DharmaWednesday, April 6, 2022 7:00 p.m. Rev. Dr. Takashi Miyaji Resident Minister Southern Alameda County Buddhist Church H.E. Kosho Ohtani Professor of Shin Buddhist Studies Institute of Buddhist Studies Rev. Dr. Miyaji will share his insights on the meaning and importance of hearing the Dharma in the Jodo Shinshu tradition, along with considerations of listening […]
- Jodo Shinshu Buddhist RitualWednesday, March 2, 2022 7:00 p.m. Rev. Ko’e Umezu Assistant Minister West Los Angeles Buddhist Temple Rev. Ko’e Umezu will share her insights on the meaning andimportance of Buddhist ritual in the Jodo Shinshu tradition. This session will also include a conversation about ritual practice as part of virtual services duringthese pandemic times. We welcome […]