Six kinds of superhuman ability attained by a Buddha or enlightened disciple of the Buddha as a result of their spiritual practice.
1. Divine Feet
- The ability to freely travel wherever one wishes, arriving in an instant.
- See the 9th Vow of Bodhisattva Dharmakara
2. Divine Eyes
- Also called “Knowledge of Death and Rebirth” or “Knowledge of Samsara”
- The unimpeded ability to see into every place and to know the future rebirths of all beings.
- See the 6th Vow of Bodhisattva Dharmakara
3. Divine Ears
- The ability to hear all sounds and the voices of all beings.
- See the 7th Vow of Bodhisattva Dharmakara
4. The Wisdom to See into the Minds of Others
- The ability to have insight into the minds of all beings.
- See the 8th Vow of Bodhisattva Dharmakara
5. Knowledge of Past Lives
- The ability to completely know all of one’s own past lives.
- See the 5th Vow of Bodhisattva Dharmakara
6. Complete Extinction of Afflictions
- The ability to know that one has completely extinguish one’s blind passions (greed, anger, and ignorance), such that they will never arise again.
- See the 39th Vow of Bodhisattva Dharmakara