Click here to read about the Buddhist Virtue of Concentration
Continue reading “Dharma Discussion: Concentration/Dhyāna (August 16, 2020)”
- Have you ever experience a state of deep concentration that enabled to you do an activity skillfully and without distraction, sometimes described as a “flow state” or being “in the zone”? What gave rise to that state of mind? Were you able to replicate it on more than one occasion?
- Has Buddhist practice in general, and the Nembutsu specifically, helped you to cultivate a concentrated mind at times?
- What the greatest obstacles you face in maintain mental concentration?
Click here to read about the Buddhist Virtue of Diligence
Continue reading “Dharma Discussion: Diligence/Vīrya (August 2, 2020)”
- What motivates you to study the Buddha’s teachings?
- How have the goals that you are working to achieve in your life shifted as a result of hearing the Dharma and the Nembutsu?
- How has your way of working changed as a result of your encounter with the Nembutsu?