Consider your own birth, including the following factors:
- Your family relationships (parents, grandparents, siblings, etc.)
- Your family’s circumstances when you were born. This could include race, ethnicity, economic status, etc.
- Where you were born (country, city, local community, etc.)
- Time: what were some important events in the world around you that have shaped your life since you were born.
- What challenges and difficulties have arisen in your life as a result of the circumstances of your birth?
- How did the circumstance of your birth create the conditions for you to seek the Dharma hear the Nembutsu?