Saturday, June 27.
SMBT minister Rev. Henry Adams conducted a series of live interviews with Sangha Members.
Click here to listen to conversations.
10:00 a.m. History of the Bazaar
Panelists: Ritsuko Furuya, Michiko Mukai and Ruth Wada
- Hear memories of the early days of the SMBT bazaar and temple life from long-serving members.
12:00 p.m. Creating the Space
Panelists: Rodger Fujinaga, Victor Iwamura, Suzy Lee, and William Tsukida
- Learn more about what goes into preparing for bazaar and efforts to carry on cherished traditions.
1:45 p.m. The Buddha’s Little Children
Panelists: Wesley Mukai, Hishi Oto, and Yuko Suruki
- Join a conversation about the significance of the bazaar and the temple in the lives of children.
3:30 p.m. The Food and the Sangha
Panelists: Grace Kanomata, Donald Lee, and Carrie Yoshimoto
- Everyone’s favorite topic! Discover the history of some of our favorite SMBT bazaar food items.
5:15 p.m. 法味：バザーでありがたく味わえる仏様の教え
Panelists: Miyuki Freidman, Toshinori Saiki, and Akira Uramoto
- Japanese Language Session: the Food and the Dharma